Choosing to Laught


A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones.”  Proverbs 17:22

The other day I received a call from one of my friends whom I had asked to pray for me.  During our conversation I had made the statement, “I can either laugh or cry, so I will choose to laugh.”   

The following day this same friend sent me an email stating, “I wanted to say thanks for saying yesterday on the phone that you can either laugh or cry, so you should just laugh about things.  That was a good reminder for me, because sometimes I just get caught up in stuff, and forget that I have absolutely no control over what is going on, and that God has a complete and total plan for my life.”

Trials and difficult times are bound to come.  As I tell my children, “If everything were to work out right in your life then you would no longer be living where Satan has the ability to work, you would be in heaven.  But for now you must seek what God wants you to learn through the difficult and unhappy circumstances He has allowed to enter your life, because each one has a purpose to prepare you for eternity.”

Each of us has a choice as to what to do with the trials and hardships that come our way.
  • Are we going to fret about what could have been? 
  • Are we going to chastise ourselves in hindsight for not doing what we could have done to change the circumstance? 
  • Are we going to make the fears of what may lay ahead the focus of our thoughts? 
  • Are we going to stop trying and let Satan win by keeping us down?
  • Are we going to let our spirit stay broken and let our body follow suit?
OR
  • Are we going to look for the lesson God wants us to learn in our circumstance?
  • Are we going to praise God for never wavering and always being close by our side in our time of need?
  • Are we going to trust that God has the future completely in His hands and there is nothing to fear in what may lay ahead?
  • Are we going to pick ourselves up and keep going, not giving Satan a stronghold that he could use to hold you back from all that God desires for you up ahead?
  • Are we going to choose to laugh and therefore give our hearts the medicine they need to heal and move on?

I pray you will join me in taking the latter road, and that no matter what life throws your way, you will make it a point to learn, praise, trust, laugh, and keep going.   As Winston Churchill was quoted as saying, "If you're going through hell, keep going."  Don't stop and give up in a world that is under the dominion of sin!  What God has ahead for those who believe on Him and who endure the trails of this world a paradise we cannot even fathom.  Focus on that future today and on the God who loves you enough to offer you that wonderful future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surrendered Heart