Scripture to Prayer


“Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!  Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.”  Philippians 4:4-9

Have you ever taken a piece of scripture and made it into a prayer?  This is just another way I find to immerse myself in God’s word.  I hope you pray this prayer along with me and are also encouraged to open your bible and make God’s word a prayer of your heart.

Dear Lord Jesus,

I desire for this day to rejoice in You and Your ways through all of the circumstances I encounter.  I want my life to be overflowing with the joy I feel each day – a deep well of joy I draw from because I know that You are always with me, guiding me and showing me how to live to the fullest for Your kingdom.

Help me to be gentle with everyone You place on my path today because the time is short and I do not want to be a stumbling block for anyone who may not know You and who may be looking to me to show them the way to eternal life.  Help me also to not worry because everything is in Your loving hands and I need to give all my apprehensions and unknowns to You, so that You can work in them and make them fit into Your plan.  Help me instead to pray when those worries come to the forefront of my mind.  Help me to give those requests over to You, cutting off any intentions or plans, knowing Your plans are always better.  To You I owe so much thanks for you have heard my requests every time I have uttered them, and each request You have not only listened to but You have also answered them in line with Your divine knowledge and wisdom.  Thank You for the peace that You give me, for the peace that allows my heart and my mind to be emptied of worries and fears.  I could not live for You if I had to carry all of that baggage around. 

My mind is what generates my thoughts, my feelings, and ultimately my actions, and it is where I need to start in fighting the battle that is ahead of me today and every day.  Jesus help me to think only on what is pure and free of evil intent or manipulation, what is lovely in Your sight and bring a smile to Your face, what is good to talk about according to Your word, what is filled with virtue and brings out Your character within me, and what brings about praise in my heart towards You.  Those are the things I want to think alone on today.  As for the rest of the thoughts that may come in my mind contrary to my prayer, please remove them and protect my mind from the lies that Satan wants to send my way to distract me and derail me.

Help me to be a reflection of You today Jesus.  Help me to put into practice all that I know about You and all that You have shown me.  I know that in following Your path, Your ways, and Your will – I will find a peace that surpassing all understanding. 

Thank You Jesus !

Your friend,
Peggy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surrendered Heart