Saturday, May 12, 2012

New Life on the Farm


“He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul...” Psalm 23:2-3


Well, this morning our calf finally arrived and after a long night of getting up every one to two hours to check on my cow who was in labor, it was of course when my husband started his watch at 7am this morning that she decided to give birth.

So, as I read Psalm 23 on one of my flip calendars this morning I know it was God's way of saying to me – see I had it all under control from the beginning. Now, I am taking time to rejoice in the new life added to our farm (the kids have named him Odin in keeping with the Norwegian names for our cows) and rest in all that surrounds me on our farm on this beautiful sunny day that God has given us.

I will be back tomorrow a bit more rested and ready to start writing again.  Have a wonderful Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment