Time for Sleep


 

It is vain for you to rise up early,
To sit up late,
To eat the bread of sorrows;
For so He gives His beloved sleep.”
Psalm 127:2


I can't say that I have been sorrowful lately, but as I read this verse and I was thinking about my Sabbath rest day today it made me think about how unable I am at times to let things go until tomorrow and make myself go to bed at the proper time each night. For some reason I feel that if I just get some “last things done” then I will be better prepared for tomorrow.

At times, this sort of thinking is necessary. But if this rational is carried out over a long period of time, a consistent schedule that does not allow proper rest time will eventually make your moments less productive. We need rest for an alert mind and a body that can handle the stress put upon it each day. If proper rest is not taken (yes, you must take it away from the time you want to devote to other things since we are only given 24 hours each day) then your overall productivity just slowly declines until you become useless for anything.

If you are feeling tired, but do not feel like there is time to take a break, then you just have to decide to take it whether all of you “to-do” list is completed or not. Rest is something God wants us to take when it is taken properly. Rest allows us to be prepared for the known and unknown each day brings. And, God commands us to rest – that means He will make sure you have everything you need if you obey Him and trust in His ability to provide in your obedience.

So, what do you have to lose if you can get your rest and have all of your necessary provisions given to you? Nothing, you need only trust and obey and see how God desires to show you His great and mighty ability to provide for all your needs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surrendered Heart