Monday, July 9, 2012

God, Where Are You?


Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord!” Psalm 27:14

As I am thinking about and praying without ceasing for a couple of dear friends today, the following poem hit a chord that tied in my post yesterday concerning the connection between the sabbath and hope and these prayers I am uttering for friends today. May the words of this poet touch you too if you are found waiting on the Lord amidst a situation you do not understand and cannot see much of the light of God within.


Unanswered yet the prayer you lips have pleaded
In agony of heart these many years?
Does faith begin to fail? Is hope departing?
And think you all in vain your falling tears?
Say not the Father has not heard your prayer;
You will have your desire sometime, somewhere.

Unanswered yet? No, do not say ungranted;
Perhaps your work is not yet wholly done.
The word began when first your prayer was uttered,
And God will finish what He has begun.
If you will keep the incense burning there,
His glory you will see sometime, somewhere.

Unanswered yet? Faith cannot be unanswered,
Its feet are firmly planted on the Rock;
Amid the wildest storms it stands undaunted,
It knows Omnipotence has heard its prayer,
And cries, “It will be done” - sometime, somewhere.

Ophelia G. Browning

Yes, sometime and somewhere God will make all of the matters of this day come together in your greater understanding of Him and His greater purpose that He is working out in your life. I have seen this cycle happen over and over again in my life and I never enjoyed the pain of waiting, watching, and experiencing losing so many things I held so dear through those events. Yet, when God did make Himself clear within those situations I realize that all the pain had unearthed treasures I had never thought possible of owning with in my soul or the soul of my family members.

Keep on waiting. Keep on seeking. Keep on hoping. Be encouraged - God has not left you.

No comments:

Post a Comment