Psalm 27 - Hiding Away in the Lord

For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.”
Psalm 27:5



 After reading Psalm 27 this morning, and after the events of yesterday as well as knowing that tonight I will have one of the biggest spiritual battles of my life to fight as I take part in a candidate forum as part of my run for office, I have decided that today I will declare my home my hiding place in the Lord – “the secret place of His tabernacle” which I will hide my soul in for a time to rest that only the Lord can provide for me against any enemy who has set themselves to destroy me.


Maybe you have felt the weight of spiritual attack before and know where I am coming from when I talk about hiding out in the Lord as David talks about in Psalm 27. But if you don't I want to let you know that my need to hide in the shelter of the Lord has nothing to do with running away from the pressures of life or the call of the Lord in this life, but rather it is a necessary time of rest and refreshment for my soul so that it is all the more ready to enter into the fight as He calls and to do His will with greater conviction and a more focused purpose.


I am just going to let you soak in Psalm 27 today and then wrap up with how my circumstances today have let me see these scripture verses with more clarity.


The Lord is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The
Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me
To eat up my flesh,
My enemies and foes,
They stumbled and fell.
Though an army may encamp against me,
My heart shall not fear;
Though war may rise against me,
In this I will be confident.

One thing I have desired of the Lord,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord,
And to inquire in His temple.
For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.

And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;
Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.

Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”
Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.
When my father and my mother forsake me,
Then the Lord will take care of me.

Teach me Your way, O Lord,
And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.
Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries;
For false witnesses have risen against me,
And such as breathe out violence.
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.

Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!”

Psalm 27

No fear, no losing heart, no trouble will overtake those who hide themselves in the Lord. Today while the threat of the world around me tries to tear me down and tries to knock me off center I will wait in the tabernacle of the Lord as He will be my resting place, my teacher, my my strength, and my victory when the day comes to an end. I already stand confident that tonight I be able to say, “It was from God alone that all which transpired has come to pass because I chose to hide in Him and not trust in anything else besides Him.”

If you feel the world around you crushing your heart and soul remember that God is the refuge you can run to who cannot be overtaken and who will shelter you through the fiercest storms and trials of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surrendered Heart