Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Unrighteous Will Not Prosper

So He opened not His mouth.” Isaiah 53:7e

The other night, as I was weak with being sick all day, I found myself at the center of a very heavy attack. Before I knew what was happening, I had four people surrounding me with questions they meant to pin me to the wall with and thus prove I didn't have what it took to run for the office in which I was running for. I have to say, I was so weak that even though I prayed before I went out that evening, I didn't find myself on the spiritual defensive as I should have been leaning on instead of the mental offensive which I ended up resorting to.

Needless to say, the main woman in the group talked me in circles. On a given day I could have came back quite well in defense to this type of attack, but that night as I stood before this small audience of four, I learned a large lesson. I had not been ready for a spiritual attack nor did I have any plan on how I was going to keep myself spiritually strong if such an attack were to confront me. I learned how vulnerable I was in these types of situations when I went out without all my armor ready to fight any criticism that were to come my way while I am out speaking and dialoguing as the Lord has directed me to do.

As I have been letting the thoughts of this encounter the other night roll around in my mind, while at the same time trying with little success to recover from my illness, the Lord led me to the verses below this morning which all made me think twice about my counter attack the next time I meet opposition. First I will let you read the various verses and the I will wrap up what I feel the Lord had to teach me during my weakness about His strength that I will need to draw upon whether or not I feel like I am weak in future attacks, because in the long run, He alone offers the iron clad strong argument that no one can stand up to.

Let him alone, and let him curse; for so the Lord has ordered him. It may be that the Lord will look on my affliction, and that the Lord will repay me with good for his cursing this day.” 2 Samuel 16:11b-12

For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.” Hebrews 12:3

...who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously...” 1 Peter 2:23

Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid nor dismayed...for there are more with us than with him.” 2 Chronicles 32:7

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.” Psalm 20:7

God already knows all of cursing, hostility, and organized attacks that are coming my way. He does for all of us who are willing to stand up for what is right in a world that has eroded into sinful ways of living. Those on the outside hate the light we reflect and they try all the tactics they can muster to make it look as if their ways are righteous. But, those of us who live in truth know that only what is done for the Lord and within His will, will be counted as righteousness in the end and the rest of the arguments we need to allow for the Lord to handle in His time.

There is a time to open our mouths and then there are times to keep them closed. It is following the will of the Lord to do one or the other in His timing that will make us stand out as pillars of His truth and which will also bring us much hostility because the world is against us. We must not react and retaliate with more words than we have been told to say, but on the other hand we must speak forth the truth when it needs to be proclaimed. It takes wisdom and courage, both of which the Lord must supply, if we are to speak in turn as His mouthpiece – a duty which will be greatly rewarded if we wait upon Him for all we need to and say.

I have to say after all the Lord has taught me today about my confrontation the other night, I am feeling a lot less troubled by all that transpired. I know that it was a warning for me to heed and one that was meant to wake me up from thinking that a good argument would win over even the worst of my opponents. The Lord alone can show people the sinfulness of their own hearts and I alone can just proclaim the truths the Lord has given me to proclaim with the wisdom, energy, passion, and inspiration He alone can supply during the heaviest battle, but yet also during the slyest means the enemy tries to sneak his attacks at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment