Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Looking Beyond the Visible to the Invisible

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28


Last night, after all the votes were tallied and my race had been decided, it was time to concede to a loss. I think when the paper called me earlier in the night as my numbers started out high and then slowly dropped from there, they were expecting that I would be sad about the results. But the reality is my outlook on the future had little to do with the success or failure of my campaign. Rather, my outlook was set to look beyond the visible to the ever present place my Lord Jesus was sitting and working all things together for the good – for His purpose.


As you too consider the impact that this election will make on your life I want to leave you with a few short verses to meditate on as you look off at the invisible beyond the visible. May they be steadying pillars which ground your faith in God today over any faith you could put in man or the governmental institutions which are but a facade in comparison to the eternal kingdom of God.


Remember, God is faithful and He will not abandon you no matter how difficult the road ahead may look.


We...glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.” Romans 5:3-4

Indeed we count them blessed who endure. You have heard of the perseverance of Job and seen the end intended by the Lord—that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful.” James 5:11


No comments:

Post a Comment