God Has Carried Me

...the Lord your God carried you, as a man carries his son, in all the way that you went until you came to this place.” Deuteronomy 1:31

This year started out as an experiment, an experiment in testing the trustworthiness of the God's personal word to me AND in my trustworthiness to leave each of my days in the Lord's hands so as to fulfill the promise to which He gave me. That promise, if you don't know, was that God said He would supply something for me to write each day this year if I were faithful to seek Him and then write what the Holy Spirit revealed to me. Well, the experiment started on January 1st, 2012 and today it ends of December 31st 2012 and God has shown me His faithfulness with utmost perfection.

I never looked at this year with the final day in mind and of completing the task the Lord had set before me. Also, all of the days in between the first of the year and the end, in which I know I would need to write and trust in the Lord for His provision, because the task ahead seemed all too insurmountable for me, I didn't focus on them in their entirety. Instead, I set my mind on seeking God one day at a time like He had asked me to. And, just like in Deuteronomy 1:31 above, I now understand how the Lord can carry a person from where they came from “to this place”.

In my wildest dreams I could only dream myself writing as much as I have written this past year, and looking over the volumes that God has given me I certainly have material for at least 3 books, if not more. Before this year, my writing at length of a voluminous work was taken by me as a joke. At times, when I had been asked if I was ever going to write a book, I would respond by saying, “I will write when God gives me time to write.” Well, I guess He decided this year to give me the time, although I really had no more time this year than any other year in my past He still provided and thus writing still happened even when I was in the midst of a busy campaign schedule, hobby farming season, and home schooling.

As I read the following verses from 1 Corinthians last night, I realized all the more what the author was saying in a much more personal way about the “things which God has for those who love Him”.

Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered in to the heart of man the things which God has for those who love Him. But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.” 1 Corinthians 2:9-10

What we envision for ourselves, our dream, our goals, our aspirations – they are all extensions of who God has made each of us to be. Some of our dreams are fueled by our self-centered desires, but we best not dismiss all the dreams we hold in our hearts as things which have emanated from our sinful self. God too plays a huge role in who we desire to be and how our hearts earn to live out certain dreams in this world.

As all of us look forward into 2013, starting tomorrow, we should make sure to first seek the Lord and what dreams He has for us that He would like to see fulfilled over this next year. God is not likely to have us copy the dreams of another person or go off in a direction that is contrary to His character or will for our life, but yet He also does not wish to appease our selfish desires over those desires He has personally set for each of our lives. The great thing about going forward, walking alongside God each and every day of our lives, we don't need to know what our ultimate life goal is, other than to seek Him and serve Him. God is God and He has been God and will be God from the beginning to the end of time.

For this is God, our God, forever and ever; He will be our guide even to death.” Psalm 48:14

And, even when the end of time is reached on this earth, we know we have the promise from our Lord that still yet the most glorious adventure of all still awaits us. It will will be then that we can set our eternal eyes on our King, all His promises will be seen in their complete revelation, and we will be welcomed into our eternal home, the New Jerusalem.

Your eyes will see the King in His beauty; they will see the land that is very far of.” Isaiah 33:17


But, this is not goodbye..........

If you thought that things were going to end here on December 31th with this blog, I am glad to tell you that the Lord has given me a new direction (that which I was hinting about a few weeks ago) to carry on with a new website. The site will be up tomorrow, January 1st 2013, and you will be able to find me there each day. My posts will be a bit different on that site than they have been with these blogs, as I have felt impressed by the Lord to share my love for Him from all the aspects of my life, not just my devotional writing.

I hope you will join me tomorrow and every day as the Lord shows me what to write about and share on this new site. And of course, feel free to always come back to my devotional blogs here at www.sheddinglightonthepath.blogspot.com and search through them and read them to your heart's content. My plan is that these writings will be organized into books soon, and I will let you know when and how you can purchase them when that time comes, but I have no plan to remove them from the internet at this time.

So, have a safe and happy New Year's Eve, and I will see you tomorrow at: www.withallyourlife.com

Blessings,
Peggy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surrendered Heart