Light Has Come

The people who walked in darkness
Have seen a great light;
Those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death,
Upon them a light has shined.”
Isaiah 9:2

For a person, like myself, who has spent many days in her past in very dark places, the words of Isaiah above that speak of the prophesied birth of Jesus, have the most profound meaning out of all the verses that proclaim who Jesus came to be to the world. As I get older and grow closer and closer to my Lord and Savior each day through the relationship He allows me to have with Him, I grow more and more aware of just how necessary His light is to my life and how lost I was, and still can be more often than I would like to admit, without Him.

This Christmas I have spent a lot of my day reflecting on the past three years that we have lived on our farm and the darkness and light that have been in contrast through the many circumstances the Lord has taken us through since we moved here. Life has been hard on many levels and yet the light of the Lord has never failed us as we have been obedient to always look to Him, walking one step at a time, day in and day out.

I don't know what Christmas means to you or how the coming of Jesus has most greatly impacted your life, but it seems that those two things should line when you take time to reflect on the two together since Christmas is really about how Jesus came to impact the world – our Lord Incarnate – Emmanuel.

Well, I just want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas as you wrap up this day of celebration! The Light is still shinning, and I am more thankful than words allow me to describe the gift Jesus personally is to me.  May the gift of Jesus be the best gift you received this Christmas since He is the reason for the season and without Him you would be lost in this world of darkness and sin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surrendered Heart